Tuesday, October 31, 2006

employing my experience

God will not waste the hurts that i have been through which serve as an indication to which ministry or area that im made and shaped to serve in.In fact, our greatest ministry will most likely come out of our greatest hurt. Who could better help a broken hearted to be wholesome again than someone who fought through that agonizing broke up experience herself and found freedom? I never knew it was so true until a friend of mine told me yesterday what she was struggling through with her long-distance relationship recently. The whole situation was as if, were framed exactly reflecting to what happened to me back to approximately 9 months ago. Yesterday, if not for God's grace, i wouldnt have shared and uncovered my painful past, admitting my fears and failures that to my surprise, has encouraged my friend!For all this while, i have been bearing this as my sin and shame but God has manifested it as otherwise. Well, needless to say now, it's a time to brag of my own weaknesses and if not for these weaknesses, my life might totally leave no room for my dependency towards God. Believe it or not, people are always more encouraged when we share how God's grace helped us in weakness than when we brag about our strength. However, it's not easy initially but it's out of willingness and love. Besides, Jesus died and rose again, entitling me to a total forgivenss and freedom to move on.frankly i wouldnt want her to feel hopeless but be comforted by God."He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us" (2 Cor 1:4).I have been grappling with issues about knowing and discerning His will since the session with Kim Cheng that i went for, pertaining God's will, during one the PKV meetings. Well, keep on asking, seeking and knocking and the door will be opened unto those who are determine to seek to serve according to His purpose for everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jia said...

Indeed.. no pain, no gain. Although the experiences are painful, but I believe that we gain sth in return--a better knowledge of who our God is.

Take care!
=)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Andrew Au said...

I'm encouraged by what you share.

2:40 PM  
Blogger m@n said...

Yes, garfield-er konon..haha..
i guess i have constantly learn to be submissive and willingly to be used by God to share my life and blessings to others
wriggling worm: to God be the glory!

3:41 PM  
Blogger gnileno said...

Hey dear, i'm encouraged too :)
i was just thinking if we are not that broken piece, how are we to actually know how Jesus would have felt when they crucify Him. Somemore He did nothing to deserve that. I always remember the cross because that keeps me going :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger m@n said...

my dear,
I really give thanks for the cross that has strengthened us to open a new chapter of life=)

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home