Thursday, September 17, 2009

Balik Kampung

'Balik kampung', a very localised maxim that reminds me of my vocation now. I rarely blog. This one is sort of a come back after a long time.
The day before I came back, my boss worked me until 9.05pm. It was an insane idea of driving back right after my work and immediately began my new job the next day at 8.30 am. Thank God His sufficient grace and mercy as I travelled home with Andrew. Poor guy. He purposely waited at the car park for me that entire night to ensure that I could make it back safely and he offered to drive me home. After all, the journey seemed long and tiring. I slept soundly in the car.
The first day I arrived at the college gate, I was anticipating for new challenges and a fruitful briefing or orientation to kick off my day. My first day was rather short, simple and sweet. Nothing much from the senior lecturers but kept asking us to be careful with the students' mischief.
Then came the second, third and going to be the forth day soon! Still not much work or preparation to be done. I have to wait for the new textbooks in order to plan my lessons. As for now, I better start reading some stuff about class management, culture and psychology for me to comprehend deeper regarding the post-modern students' mentality.
I just returned from Ipoh with my parents. Basically Kampar is just a nice place for me now. No rushing. No deadline. No pressure meeting with boss. No proposal. No editing. No changes and what not..
Balik kampung..oh...Balik kampung...the feeling is just indescribable..it's raining out there.
Yay, i can get to sleep when it rains and I love it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Au said...

Ya, now you have all the comforts of your home. As "Terminater" would put - "I'LL BE BACK"...hAHA...

11:32 AM  
Blogger AmyWongJiaHui said...

Aww... Mischief student is a headache for any other teacher.. but amazingly every teacher have a way to deal with them... I am sure you had mastered one yourself!

God bless!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home