Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Another extraordinary day

Again, the exclusives had their monthly meet up.
Strangely how we ended up in one of the not-so-popular restaurant although the food is not too bad.
It was an almost two hour session of catching up and sharing our recent happenings to each other. Exchange our so called "news" about ourselves as well as others was part of the agenda, as usual I could say. Well, if you were one of our topics, that means Christine really misses you tremendously! haha...
This kind of meeting i truly cherish as we sincerely share our genuine friendship and talking endlessly almost about anything even though we may misuse some words for some other context like "pre-marital".
Anyway, I had a whale of a time, laughing too much i guess. My cheek hurts until now.
I came home with a satisfied feeling as I know there are still friends who care.
I thank God that each of them are going overseas for their holiday trip this year end and have a safe trip to your respective destinations and enjoy it to the fullest man!
As for me, I have a plain simple get away with my parents and Andrew this year end. I think I would most probably be going for the paragliding once again=) which i did two years ago.
Christmas is approaching. It is time for me to prepare myself during this Advent season that I may truly rejoice to share Christ's love to everyone around me. His unfailing, amazing love...
A conversation (as much as I wanted a conversion at the same time), took place pertaining to how one should celebrate christmas and what is the meaning after all. I chanced to explain further what Christmas was and is to me to this colleague. She is a non-believer, a rather staunch Buddhist or is she an atheist im not quite sure. She merely has Santa as the most essential part of christmas. I told her that funny how it is not called "Santa-mas" but "Christmas". Immediately, she rejected the true meaning of Christmas that I was attempting to tell her. I told the Lord that hopefully she'll understand fully what Christmas is all about. She was a little too obstinate regarding the meaning of Christmas. Reason being, she kept telling me how she didn't want to be reminded herself of the harshness of reality in life and Christmas should be a joyous occasion where everybody should be enjoying life and it's only a celebration. It will break her heart if i were to tell her the truth about Christmas.
Deep down in me, there were tonnes of things that I wished to share it to her. First is the birth of Christ that brings hope to everyone living in this sinful and fallen world. Secondly, is that, once you know the truth, it will set you free and not to live in denial. Of course, oppression, injustices, conflicts are inevitable in real life but one thing that a Christian arms with is the unconditional love and forgiveness.
Well, i need to be prepared and take another opportunity to let her know how much Jesus loves her...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Chai said...

Hey Mun, i had a fantabulous time too! post-marital happiness! ahahha! well, i wish we could meet everyday..and i was just looking thru the graduation photo, called gracie..and told her, we looked so young and happy! ahaha! it s as though we grad years ago, ironically, it was only a few months back :) i cherish the friendship i have with u guys. genuine like u said. i m lucky to have u four. as for Santa-mas, i was once tricked to believing that there was Santa. but now i know better. it wasnt santa who brought me good friends like u, it was our Father. :) thanks mun, for reminding me what Christmas is all about once more :) HUGS!!!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home