Monday, March 03, 2008

lousiest doctor

Went to the clinic this afternoon. I took my number and waited for my turn to be called. The moment i reached the face of the door, i saw the name of the doctor (don't really intend to reveal name here). I cracked it open, i observed that the doctor was actually rather podgy and idle. He was the only doctor that i have ever seen without any kind of typical busy physician look. I automatically doubt whether i went into the correct room. He was flipping through my file to check intently if there were any medical history of mine i guessed. Therefore, i took the initiative to sit down for a few minutes quietly until the doctor broke the silence,

Doctor:"Are you a final year student?"
Me: "Yeah.."
Doctor:"Hmm, i see." (he said leisurely)
Me:"ok."
Doctor looked through my profile and i didn't know what was his purpose.
"So have you come to receive any medication?"
Me: "No." (it's an obvious NO when my file was still clean and empty..DUH!!)
Doctor:"So what is your problem?"
Me:"I caught a cold since Saturday and a severe running nose. I have got headache off and on too. Now my throat is very dry. I could barely feel what i could breathe in."
Doctor took his RED EVER READY TORCH LIGHT to check my throat and my nostril.
"Ya, i think i should prescribe you with neurobionic, pain killer and some medicine for flu. If your throat is still dry then you come back again and i will give you the spray."
Me: "ok doctor. Can you give me an MC until tomorrow?"
Doctor: "You mean starting from today, afternoon?"
Me:"Yes, i need the rest and i have been unwell since Saturday."
Doctor: "So you want an MC until tomorrow, aren't you? Do you have any exam or are you on your praktikum?"
Me: "No, mid-term test was last week and i am still studying."
Doctor: "Ok."
Me:"So doctor do i proceed to the pharmacy now to do the necessary?"
Doctor:"Yes, just go the other block and take your medicine."
Me:"Thank you doctor."

Silence....

Just imagine, there were still a lot of students out there waiting for their turn. Im wondering whether am i physically sick or sick of the professionalism of a so called doctor..My blood pressure was not checked not even my heartbeat. What is this now?

I need the rest and that's why i am here=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home