Thursday, August 16, 2007

Something unethical

This week is the exam week for those who are still schooling in secondary level. Haha..The indolence that grips inside of me is increasing in me as time passed us by. I never realized until i told my friend that i overslept for consecutively three days. It seemed that my mind kept reminding me to go and grab some rest while i still can during this week because no teaching is going on for the entire week. To top it off, the following week is the school 2nd half term break (Hooray!!) and i decided to take my own sweet time to plan for my lessons but nothing came across my mind so far. Ironically, im getting nervous too as the lecturer would be coming for the 3rd observation and hopefully it'll be the final one. Stress is mounting whenever im reminded of this particular thing.
Well, i did something unethical today as i helped my students during their exams. A few of them actually asked me for the meaning of words. Initially, i refused to help because i'd be violating whatever rules that the school or MOE has but eventually i did explain partly to them what was it about.
Being a teacher was fun and enjoyable sometimes but stressful and hectic most of the time. It depends also what kind of students you are assigned to teach and what subject you are dealing with also. The suffering is needed to develop perseverance and patience and may eventually abound in Hope. Not unbearable i would say. Jesus is still my Greatest Teacher of all.

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and i will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for i am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matt11:28-30-

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Au said...

I'm glad that you have found meaning in doing your job. Even when it is something of little interest to you, I salute you for having faith in God. Keep the faith and carry on the good work!

2:08 AM  
Blogger m@n said...

still struggling but students are my priority and not my grade after all..planning to give extra class too after holiday and see how things work=)

6:07 AM  
Blogger JC said...

hi! hope all is well with your teaching stint. my convo is 6th sept, morning session. :)

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home