Thursday, September 07, 2006

THE Camp v.2

Let it not be just another camp. Let me be rebuked and disciplined with what has drawing me away from my Heavenly Father, the one who cares me not only my needs but to broaden my sight not to look but see the needs of the His people. Broken as i am now, He never failed to pick up the pieces and patches through the rough path for me. Clearing misconception and breaking the walls of barriers to enable me to cross culture as how Jesus has crossed from heaven to earth to show the way. He humbled himself in obedience because of the overwhelming and unconditional love for us that has led Him to the cross by taking all my sin and shame, to build a bridge, bringing me back to God. Apparently everyone shared their problems living and studying with friends from different ethnic groups in campus. Im not exceptional in this case. Perhaps, i have been treating this issue lightly without giving much contemplation how will the next generation be if my laid back attitude perpetuates in this issue "to build bridges and to cross culture". A thought that really struck me was what kind of environment were we trying to shape for our next generation to live in and to grow as a christian in this country? I seldom talk to friends from other races nor am i trying to create an opportunity for them to come to know God personally. I have been giving myself excuses of having no time for these group of people. Aren't they too part of God's creation?I started to wonder, is God's concern, my concern?Is what i am doing now reflects what is God's will for my life?Many other non believers too have a perception that Christianity is a westernized religion, which doesnt make sense to them culturally. Do i even care to make the effort to clear all misconception in them?How could i care less now?On the other hand,there are a lot more people who thirst for the gospel and it's sad to see that the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. The situation was similarly what i witnessed myself during our visitation to this Orang Asli kampung which was not far from our camp site. A lot of christians there and but the lack of manpower was part of the major issue to train up the next generation to lead the community there. Families suffer poverty and insufficient of food supply. The schooling children were often being mistreated by the teachers in school. They were pinched and slapped for doing minor mistakes. Their friends from other races bullied them, yet justice was not served but in return they were being pinched on the face for complaining. My heart was broken the moment i listened to their stories. Well, of course i would still admire them for their simplicity in life, being contented with what they have and the hospitality that they offered during our visitation. I observed no unfriendliness among them expect for those who were shy. One thing i brought back with me was that if we were to bring changes to their life, where should we start?We saw the living condition, which was comparatively far behind of what we could enjoy today but are they ready for the adaptation for better lifestyle and convenience to access to resources that they need as their revenue to support their lives?do they really need that or is it just a compulsive urge in us to build bridges and crossing culture in order to help them? Despite language barriers, i could still manage to talk with an adult there, knowing more about her family..Those little kids were memorable because of the infectous joy in them.
Many issues has been exposed by KimCheng during the first night session where she helped us to see what was God's plan written in the bible(Gen11:1-9, Tower of Babel) and reminded us of PKV's vision. Apart from being, there's a need to see our pride, prejudice, fears, a predictable "tic tac toe" where we could predict where the chinese will end up to or the indians in the country we are living. A multiracial country indeed but the unity is almost out of the picture compare to what happened in the history when our forefathers were united because they were fighting the same enemies for the purpose of reaching independence. But what happen to the racial segregation now?hmm...I acknowledge my fears too. it's not easy opening up myself to get to know them(friends from other race) better because of my history too..haih..
Then the second night session was a tough one too, Brother Keepers. Each of us are accountable for our own brothers and sisters no matter what colour your skin is because we are one family in Christ's name as how God has the cultures being redeemed(Acts2:1-13) and a great multitude is to be brought before the throne(Rev.5:9-10;7:9). This reminded me of my resposibility to cheer each other up to continue the race no matter how tough it was until we finish the journey.In the process of keeping each other up, i might get hurt but i needed to learn to trust and became interdependent on our brothers and sisters in Christ. The worst part was to rebuke each other in a loving way..sometimes, to knowing the truth can be painful..
ya, i think thats what i feel to share and encourage you for this entry. Hopefully i can learn to be still in His presence no matter how furious the raging storm is..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home